"RONIN" is the sophomore album from experimental multi-instrumentalists Taku Hirano and Daniel Pearson, otherwise known as the band Tao Of Sound. Departing from the ambient/lounge vibe of their 2010 debut “METRO,” they went for an edgier sound when composing, arranging, and producing the songs for “RONIN,” and brought in guest instrumentalists and vocalists from around the world.
The album appears after an already impressive career run of performing and recording with a wide array of talents, including some of the biggest names in the American music industry, from almost every genre of popular music, including Jay-Z, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Wonder, and Nine Inch Nails. Internationally, Tao of Sound has worked with Academy Award-winning film composer A.R. Rahman, and the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. Chances are you've already been exposed to some of their soothing ambient soundscapes, as Tao Of Sound has contributed to the soundtracks of a number of television productions and feature films.
Having made a name for themselves as remix artists initially (including remixes for Rap superstar Kanye West's 2008 release 808s & Heartbreak and for Grammy Award-winning New Age pioneer Kitaro), “RONIN” allows Tao Of Sound to step to the front of the stage with their eclectic, ever-changing style. From their first album, which combined Zen-like Eastern influences with electronic beats and rock swagger, to RONIN’s edgy pop sounds and epic world-electronica orchestrations, Tao of Sound has carved out a completely original musical identity.
02. Fly On (featuring Carol Hatchett)
03. Ashes To Ashes (featuring Sharlotte Gibson)
04. East Side Of The River
06. Marie Laveau (featuring Bernard Fowler)
07. Highland, Highline
09. Ronin (featuring Christine Wu)
10. Monsters (featuring Akasha Mabry)
11. Live Beautifully (featuring Tyra Juliette)
13. Fushicho (Phoenix Rising : Fukushima)
14. This Beat (featuring That Rogue Romeo;Tao Of Sound Remix)
15. Live Beautifully (alt.) (featuring Tyra Juliette and Tina Guo)